The required extent of knowledge for the final exam is determined by the textbook, the content of lectures and seminars and the list of the exam questions. The pathophysiology lectures and seminars do not cover all the topics required for the exam entirely. We expect students are able to apply knowledge gained while studying other subjects. Also we expect students to acquire part of the knowledge by studying individually.
Information about pratical exam
Pathophysiology exam 2019/2020 (Information for students)
Due to the possibility of examining students remotely on-line, because of travel restrictions or quarantine measures, we modified the method of pathological physiology exams in the academic year 2019/2020 as follows.
The exam consists of 3 parts:
1. Pathophysiological analysis of symptoms, clinical signs and laboratory results based on a case report or question from Part III. (Case studies as questions).
2. General pathological physiology (Part I.) 1 question.
3. Pathological physiology of organ systém diseases (Part II.) 2 questions.
4. During the remote examination, students answer the questions immediately after the draw.
The written test is not part of the pathological physiology exam in the academic year 2019/2020
In case of any changes in the date or time of the examination, students will be informed by e-mail.
Student who wants to be examined remotely must register for a term in which distance examination is allowed and must inform the Institute of his / her intention no later than 48 hours before the examination.
– Student has the right for one exam date and two retake dates (total 3 terms) during the exam period. Extraordinary retake is not permitted. If the student does not use the entire exam possibilities (3 terms) within the listed terms he/she does not have the right for special examination date (Law act: SZŘ UK čl. 6, odst. 16).
– Exams cannot be held after the last examination date in September. Special or "dean" examination dates after listed official last exam date are not allowed (Law act: SZŘ UK čl. 6, odst. 16).
Course of the exams
Each exam, retake as well, consists of three parts.
1. Practical part of the exam
– Will be tested in the form of short case reports.
– Student will explain pathological deviations, suggests a diagnosis or further investigations after he/she reviews a short medical history and examination results of the patient.
2. Oral exam
– Consists of 3 questions (1 general pathophysiology, 2 organ pathophysiology).
– Student who resits the exam for second time (third term) is examined by the committee of at least two examiners.
EXAMINATIONS – Situation as of 17 April 2020