- active learners

- questions-answers

- no translation of instructions 

- production

V odpovědi na Anna Rakovanová

Re: Anna

autor Kateřina Kryllová -

Anička,

we both have very similar structure of the observation sheets so it was very easy for me to go through yours. 

What I liked a lot was that you wrote all of the principles in very short and understandable way. I believe that will serve you well in the future when you will go through it again - it will be very simple to remember what you’ve meant when you wrote it.

I like the note “extremely important” that you wrote down with to principle of question-and-answer exchange. I have the same opinion and consider this principle to be the key one - especially after participating in the lesson we’ve done together.

Comparing your observation sheet to mine, I realized there are some principles missing and I corrected that immediately. To be specific, one of the principles I didn’t have in my observation sheet is that speech and listening comprehension are taught. I liked the comment you made about the connection to phonetics, so I would like to use it in my OS if you don’t mind :)

When speaking about +/- of this method, I totally agree with you. The only thing I would add to your list of disadvantages is that the usage of questions can be an advantage and a disadvantage as well. By disadvantage I mean the danger of boring your students when you overwhelm them with questions. Otherwise I agree with you totally.

Thank you for the opportunity to see your observation sheet!

Kačí :)

V odpovědi na Kateřina Kryllová

Re: Anna

autor Anna Rakovanová -

Kačí,  

Thank you for your kind and detailed comment. I tried to formulate all the principles in a brief and clear way, I am glad that you like it and consider it useful. 

As you said, I realized the importance of question-and-answer exchange during our online lesson, so I wanted to highlight it somehow in my observation sheet. 

I am pleased that my observation sheet inspired you and you took some points from it. For me, your observation sheet (Suggestopedia) was inspirational as well. 

In terms of the advantages and disadvantages, I didn’t realize possible drawbacks of the questions before. I see your point and I will add it to my sheet, thank you :)