• question-and-answer
  • demonstration - objects, pictures
  • instructions in the target language
Příloha The direct method.jpg
V odpovědi na Tereza Velebilová

Re: Tereza

autor Kateřina Kryllová -

Téra,

I really like the way your observation sheet is devided. The fact that the columns are called “teacher”, “activities” and so on makes your observation sheet very clear and easy to read.

What I also appreciate are your notes in the right column. They are very specific and it was very easy for me to remember the specific parts of the lesson that you wanted to highlight. 

What I would emphasize more is the “Question-and-answer” principle that I consider to be one of the key principles for this method. I noticed that in your OS you call this principle. “T asks questions” which I believe is just a half of “Question-and-answer” principle in which the T really requires the Ss to answer to his questions with a full sentence.

Otherwise I agree with in all of your notes and admire the simplicity and complexity of your sheet.

Thank you for the opportunity to see the OS you've created!

Kačí )

V odpovědi na Kateřina Kryllová

Re: Tereza

autor Tereza Velebilová -

Dear Kačí,

thank you a lot for your comments and ideas to my observation sheet.
You are right that I forgot to put into the observation sheet the column specifically for the student’s role.  I have got the principle ‘questions’ in the list of key words but I also forgot to add there the answers. I will add it to my notes, thank you!
T.