The Direct Method

The Direct Method

autor Marie Nováková -
Počet odpovědí: 2
V odpovědi na Marie Nováková

Re: The Direct Method

autor Kateřina Kryllová -

Maruška, 

I would definitely say this was your observation sheet eve if it was posted anonymously! :D Your handwriting and working with colors are very typical for you :)

I really like how you worked with emphasis of the important things that we revealed during our lesson by using underlining and all types of notes on the side of the paper. There are 2 questions that I'd like to ask you.

1. In “+” of this method you have a note “using the language without fear”. Can you explain how exactly is this note connected to this method? 

2. Also, is the note “dictation after some work” connected to the principle “Ss should be speaking at least 80% of the time”? If it is connected, how did you mean it?

Thank you for the opportunity to see your observation sheet!

Kačí :)

V odpovědi na Kateřina Kryllová

Re: The Direct Method

autor Marie Nováková -

Kačí, thank you for your feedback! :-) To be honest, you wasn´t the only one who mentioned my handwriting and using colours.. :D 

Great questions which forced me to think about this method once again... 

1. In my opinion, using language without fear is connected with this method a lot. I´ll name some of the characteristics which cause it.

• Oral communication skills are focused carefully, the Ss should be speaking at least 80% of the time during the lesson... I think the more you speak the more you feel confident. (We can´t forget to mention that it always depends on the teacher, of course.) 
  • This method is also called "natural method" which evocates non-stress learning. It is connected to using no memory, the Ss don´t have to remember things which means that the Ss shouldn´t be in stress. 
  • The Ss are taught English as they learn their mother tongue - it also proves that there shouldn´t be fear.
  • The Ss should like it (everyday vocab through pantoming, real-life objects...)

2. Ok, I want to know what I ment by "dictation after work" too... :D I don´t think it is connected to "S should be speaking at least 80%..". In my opinion it is one of the principle of this method, almost every lesson there is dictation to practice listening and writing... 

M.