Online learning

Online learning

by Zbyněk Neudert -
Number of replies: 1

Firstly, I assume there is no doubt that the Czech educational system has changed in many aspects. One the other hand, the crucial question which should be answered is whether this progress is sufficient and reacts immediately and directly to the rapidly changing environment. A few positive changes include, for instance, the  helping hand with integrating and adjusting children suffered from different forms of handicaps into the mainstream classrooms among other classmates. Younger teachers and tutors in particular are trying to bring new teaching methods, greater enthusiasm into lectures and not forgetting the well-being and relationships in the class which have presumably the biggest impact on student’s mental health and performance at school.  

From my point of view, it depends on many circumstances and factors like our previous experience with e-learning, our level of knowledge or our personality. I encountered lockdown on my high school and it seemed to be an alternative to learning – not having to wake up early, a space for making our time-managment to signal more freedom and responsibility. Nevertheless, the shortage of social interaction headed towards frustration, laziness and a lack of exercise. 

I take several online courses once a week because I believe they can save me time. I do not need to travel to a certain place, I can fully enjoy the lessons in my comfortable room and talk to anybody abroad. The offered prices are mostly acceptable. Even though, I prefer face-to-face learning because of the atmosphere and better focus on the material. 

In reply to Zbyněk Neudert

Re: Online learning

by Michaela Ritter Konárková -
Hi Zbyněk, thanks for sharing your ideas. I hope the blended form of this course can ensure the balance between experiencing real-life interaction in an in-class session with the benefits of enjoying one's cosy room and individual biorhythms:)