Online learning

Online learning

by Kateřina Kudrnová -
Number of replies: 1

How has teaching and learning transformed over the past couple of years? Describe your personal experience. Is there anything positive the forced lockdown and distance learning has brought to higher education?

Recent events like the pandemic have changed education a lot. This includes new ways of teaching and using technology that has changed the usual way of learning. Online learning is now more common, and this has led to a mix of online and offline learning. There are also more ways to learn that are tailored to each student's needs.

Technology plays a big role in these changes, with digital tools and resources, smart algorithms, and virtual reality changing the way we learn. There's more focus on helping students and teachers become comfortable with digital tools. Even though it was hard at first, online learning in university has had many benefits. These include easier access to education, new ways of teaching, global collaboration, better digital skills, and cost savings. It also opens up opportunities for lifelong learning and professional development.

In short, even though moving to online learning was hard, it led to new ideas and changes that made education better for everyone.

Do you do a significant amount of online learning? What does online learning mean to you?

My own learning experience has followed these trends. I've been using technology more and more to help with my studies. While old methods like going to the library and taking notes by hand are still useful, I've found that using digital tools has helped me stay motivated and get more done. Whether it's using websites that offer study aids, or apps that help me focus, technology has become a crucial part of my academic journey.

In reply to Kateřina Kudrnová

Re: Online learning

by Markéta Vojáčková -
I see eye-to-eye with Kateřina on almost everything she mentions in her text. It is nice to hear that she has had a positive experience with online learning, the same as I have. Nevertheless, I am not so sure if I would claim that online learning has made education better "for everyone". In my point of view, one's attitude toward online learning depends on one's mental health, sense of self-discipline, social environment, finances, family background, and many other essential factors. However, I concur with Kateřina's point that digital tools can be helpful with self-studying, but only if these technologies are accessible (financially and socially) to anyone who takes an interest in online learning.