Online learning

Online learning

autor Magdalena Kopičková -
Počet odpovědí: 1

How has teaching and learning transformed over the past couple of years? Describe your personal experience. 

In recent years, teaching and learning have changed a lot, mainly because of lockdowns and the switch to online learning. Personally, I've noticed this change in several ways. Instead of going to regular classrooms, we used virtual ones and online tools. As a student, I've had to get used to attending lectures, handing in assignments, and discussing topics online rather than in person.

Is there anything positive the forced lockdown and distance learning has brought to higher education? 

Yes, there are some positive aspects that forced lockdowns and distance learning have brought to higher education. One benefit is increased flexibility. With online learning, students have more control over their schedules and can access course materials at their convenience. This flexibility can be particularly helpful for those with busy schedules or other commitments.

Another positive aspect is the opportunity for innovation in teaching methods. Educators have been pushed to explore new technologies and teaching strategies to deliver content effectively in an online environment. This experimentation has led to the development of creative approaches to engage students and enhance learning outcomes.

Do you do a significant amount of online learning? 

I don't do a significant amount of online learning myself. Nowadays, there are plenty of resources and opportunities available offline, so I haven't found the need to rely heavily on online platforms for my learning. For instance, libraries, traditional classrooms, and face-to-face interactions still play a vital role in education and provide valuable learning experiences. While online learning offers convenience and flexibility, I personally prefer the structure and engagement that come with in-person instruction. Additionally, I find that offline resources such as textbooks, group study sessions, and workshops are sufficient for my learning needs. However, I do appreciate the occasional use of online resources to supplement my studies or explore topics of interest that may not be readily available offline.

What does online learning mean to you?

To me, online learning means convenience and accessibility. It provides an opportunity to access educational resources and engage in learning activities from anywhere with an internet connection, offering flexibility to accommodate different schedules and preferences.

V odpovědi na Magdalena Kopičková

Re: Online learning

autor Kateřina Becková -
"Additionally, I find that offline resources such as textbooks, group study sessions, and workshops are sufficient for my learning needs." I completely agree with that group study session or even better working together in classes. Yes, everybody sometimes don´t want to talk or do this, but if this assignment come to online space it can be totally disaster! Moreover there is not that simple small talks with Classmates that make uni more bearable.
It's a controversial opinion, but I'm glad covid was there and helped make such huge changes in education. Maybe not quite at the university level, but at the lower school level it's made a big difference!