• teacher-centered
  • vocabulary pairs
  • dialogue
  • friendly environment
V odpovědi na Julie Sedlářová

Re: Julie - De/Suggestopedia

autor Anna Rakovanová -

Dear Julča, 

I like your observation sheet, it is nicely organized, I especially appreciate that you paid such attention to the principles about the teacher. As a result, the sheet characterizes the typical teacher of the method. I also appreciate that you included language and learning theories. 

In terms of the principles, I like the detailed description of the presentations and also that you mentioned that Ss maintain a pseudo-passive state, which is a specific feature of the method. Maybe I would add something about the classroom setting (decorations, furniture). 

When it comes to the advantages, I like that you consider nice atmosphere and friendly environment to be the crucial ones. When it comes to the disadvantages, the one that I agree with the most is this one: Teacher talks more than students. The lack of activity in this method is one of the biggest disadvantages for me as well. 

I agree with all your keywords and I like parent-child relation. It is typical for the method but not everyone mentioned it. Rhythm is one of the crucial ones for me, you can add it to your list if you want to.

V odpovědi na Julie Sedlářová

autor Marie Nováková -

Hello Julča, 

I really like your observation sheet! It´s simply explained but all of important information are mentioned. Classification of this method (Theory of language) - WOW! Perfect! 

Some principles which I would add: "no use of mother tongue", do you agree? Errors are tolerated, I agree, but I think that the treatment is given from the T, what do you think about it? 

I agree with you advanatges and disadvantages. The biggest disadvantage for me is that the Ss are not as active as they should ideally be. You see using music as background as an advantage, do you want to use music during your lessons?

Have a nice evening! Marie :-)

V odpovědi na Marie Nováková

autor Julie Sedlářová -

Dear Maruška, 

thank you for a really nice comment :) I like your suggestions and will add them to my observation sheet.

When I was looking for the information about error connection, I found that the T should correct students' errors nicely and move on quickly and not make a big "thing" out of it.

I would love to use music in my lessons! I think that music can do so much good and calm children so they feel relaxed and not tense.

I wish a nice evening to you, too, Maruška :)