Veronika

Veronika

autor Veronika Šeborová -
Počet odpovědí: 4

Klíčová slova jsou součástí observačního archu.

V odpovědi na Veronika Šeborová

Re: Veronika

autor Anna Rakovanová -

Dear Verča,

I like your observation sheet because it is clearly arranged. 

In terms of the principles, I really appreciate that you mentioned various types of interaction. It makes your observation sheet more professional in terms of methodology. You mentioned reproducing chunks of text, which I find interesting and important, I will add it to my observation sheet too. 

I agree with all the key words you mentioned, they represent the method appropriately (I like error tolerance, which I previously didn’t include in my observation sheet). 

You found a lot of advantages of this method, which is great. I am glad that you mentioned infantilization because I also see it as a typical feature of the method. I like the one about taking turns without pressure as well. 

I would like to ask you these questions: 

1. Are those last two rows of the pros/cons table (the T as a role model – authoritativenot much emphasis on grammar and rules) somewhere in between the advantages and disadvantages of the method? Or is their placement independent of the rows above? 
  2. When you expected no translation, you meant no translation of the instruction, didn’t you? 
V odpovědi na Anna Rakovanová

Hi Anička,

thank you for your nice comment. 😊

I’m glad that it helped you to add some more points to your observation sheet.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, these two points are somewhere in between the advantages and disadvantages for me, as I don’t exactly see them as either a good or a bad option in a lesson.
  2. Yes, that is exactly what I have meant, thank you for the clarification.

Have a wonderful rest of the week,

Verča

V odpovědi na Veronika Šeborová

autor Marie Nováková -

Hello Verča,

I really like your observation sheet! It´s simply explained but all of important information are mentioned. It´s clearly organised which I really appreciate! :-)

You have a great list of key words and I have nothing to add!

You see lots of advantages... Do you like this method?  

You see using music as background as an advantage, do you want to use music during your lessons?

You see dialogue without vocabulary list as an disadvantage, can you tell me more about it? What would be ideal for you? 

Have a nice evening! Marie :-)

V odpovědi na Marie Nováková

Hi Maruška,

thank you so much for your lovely comment. 😊

I do. I like this method because it seems to be good for shy or nervous children to calm down and learn without stress. But to be honest, I would like the Ss to be more active during my lessons.

Yes, I would like to use music in my classes. And not just as a background for the activities, but also as part of the activities or the activities themselves. Learning a song in the targeted language, using rhymes and poems to learn vocabulary or chunks. Personally, music is very calming and helps me focus better while I'm studying. I hope it would have the same effect on my students.

I would say that it is easier for the Ss to repeat a new-learned vocabulary or chunks from a list then must look for it in a dialogue or a long text. I think that ideal for me would be to learn in context during the lessons and have a prepared list for the Ss if they would want to repeat the learned vocabulary/chunks later at home or before another lesson.

Have an amazing rest of the week,

Verča