• self-correction
  • no translation
  • conversation
  • real-life context
V odpovědi na Nicole Betkowská

Re: Nicole

autor Kateřina Kryllová -

Nicole, 

I like how brief your observation sheet is. It makes it quite different from all the other ones but I believe you've constructed it in order to serve you well in the future :) 

I totally agree with the all the principles you have in your sheet. I have a few more principles that I find interesting so I will just write them down in here if you'd like to compare our notes.

- The T's approach is patient (follows the pace of Ss)

- No usage of textbooks

- Usage of everyday vocabulary and sentences, only

I will do the same with our key words if you don't mind because it was helpful for me to see your list from which I added 2 key words to my list (no translation, conversation).

My other key words are:

- no textbooks

- Question-and-answer exchange

- demonstration

- speaking and listening

- patient approach

From looking at your +/- of this method it is clear you saw more disadvantages for this method than you saw advantages. I would like to ask you - considering all the disadvantages, can you imagine taking some of the principles the Direct method uses and implying them to your teaching? 

Thank you for the opportunity to see your observation sheet!

Kačí :)

V odpovědi na Kateřina Kryllová

Re: Nicole

autor Nicole Betkowská -

Kačka,

thank you for your notes on my observation sheet and key words. To answer your question - I would definitely take some principles from this method. I like that emphasis is on the oral language, then that only the target language is used during the lesson. And also demonstrating using objects, flashcards etc.

Nicole