Kateřina Kryllová

Kateřina Kryllová

autor Kateřina Kryllová -
Počet odpovědí: 2

Klíčová slova jsou součástí observačního archu.

Příloha Kateřina Kryllová_TPR.JPG
V odpovědi na Kateřina Kryllová

Re: Kateřina Kryllová

autor Šárka Michalová -

Dear Kačí :)

I am keen on your observation sheet structure. It's well arranged into 2 columns: 1st representing the theoretical principle and the 2nd representing the use of it practically, and that's why it's so natural for me to read it and understand your thoughts.

I like your connection of inductive learning with chunks which I haven't written and I want to add to my list of key words. It is also related to the note about comprehension and meaning before form which I find very similar. 

I was surprised by your question mark at the row "a cognitive map" because I'm also thinking about it what does it actually mean and if it can be visible in the lesson.

I appreciate your division of your sheet to different categories where you consider this method from different views: from the T's and Ss' perspective or according to the class activities. Specifically, the roles of the learner (listener, performer) and the roles of the T (presenter, decides what to teach) show how the lesson really looked like. 

I'm in agreement with your note about imperative drills which could be also conneceted to your next note about learners have little influence over the content supported by your given examples from the practical lesson. 

I think that we are at the same opinion and thoughts about this method, that's why my list of key words reflects yours. 

I miss your opinion on advantages and disadvantages of this method. For me, among advantages I would add: stress-free environment, understanging comes first and using chunks, on the other hand, among disadvantages I would add: less autonomy of the Ss, so that less responsibility on them. You can add these points, if you want, I just want to share them with you.

Thank you for a pleasant reading and the inspiration :)

Šárka 

V odpovědi na Šárka Michalová

Re: Kateřina Kryllová

autor Kateřina Kryllová -

Šári,

thank you so much for such a thorough answer to my observation sheet. 

I will start from the bottom. Unfortunately, there has been a technical issues I guess because the second part of my sheet isn't uploaded here. I should have checked it before I posted it because all of my notes for this method are on the second page. I am uploading it now, together with this answer, if you're still curious to read them. As you can see there, we both noted down stress-free environment and using chunks. I already added "understanding comes first" as you suggested. I somehow forgot to write cons of this method so your suggestion is very welcome and appreciated!

I like how you are finding connections and similarities in my notes. I am aiming at the note about the connection between usage of imperatives and Ss having a little control over the content of the lesson. I didn't connect the dots earlier, but I can see the connections now :)

To answer your question about the cognitive map... To be honest, I had to come back to the theory in the book because I didn't have any clue of what it means :D I guess I wrote it down to my observation sheet with a shallow knowledge of what it means and by the time we had the lectures I forgot even the shallow knowledge behind that specific note. But! I found it again and I believe I know what it means. I'll try to explain it on an example. Imagine that you are a child sitting in the classroom and your T says: "Stand up". You don't really know what those words mean but you can see you T and your classmates standing up, so you do that as well. Later, when the T says "stand up" you know exactly what to do without the ability to translate the meaning to your mother tongue or saying that out loud. I'm not 100% sure this is how it really is, but I now understand the principle "The goal of listening activities is to build a “cognitive map” of the second language" in this way. You learn the meaning of words by listening to the commands the T says and acting by it without the need to translate it to your mother tongue. And I strongly believe this was visible in the lesson we've participated in. 

Šári, thank you very much for the opportunity to see my sheet through your eyes, knowing the connections between the principles in a new way and for the poke to come back to what I didn't understand. It was very useful! :)

Příloha TPR.JPG