Online learning

Online learning

от Iaroslava Zabruskova -
Количество ответов: 1

Since the covid period the teaching and learning methods have evolved a lot. We have all moved to an online learning format, which for some was something completely new and unexpected. For many people this format proved to be suitable while others had difficulty with it. Personally, I did a lot of online learning and I had problems with self-discipline, I found it incredibly boring to sit and study something alone. 

I think that thanks to the lockdown, not only schools but also universities have started paying more attention to organizing online courses for students who, for various reasons, cannot attend classes in person. Additionally, there has been a large number of blended learning methods emerging, and now many students have various options for studying.

During the covid period, I was studying at school. On one hand, I really enjoyed staying at home, moving at my own pace, and independently organizing my learning process. However, due to the lack of control and numerous distracting factors, I found it difficult to focus on my studies. I procrastinated a lot, and I missed having live interactions with my classmates. I believe this negatively affected my learning outcomes.

For me, online learning is just an additional option for education, which I highly appreciate and find very convenient, as it allows me to consume course materials remotely. However, online learning cannot replace face-to-face learning for me, as live interaction play a key role in the effectiveness of my education.

В ответ на Iaroslava Zabruskova

Re: Online learning

от Michaela Ritter Konárková -
Hi Iaroslava, thanks for sharing your ideas. It is fascinating, isn't it, how most people need a group of peers to prosper in their education. Although we could study anything through the multiple online university courses (MOOCs), we are somehow dependent on face-to-face contact for motivation and reward...