Online learning

Online learning

autor Samuel Kuba -
Počet odpovědí: 1

How has teaching and learning transformed over the past couple of years?

I don´t think teaching and especially learning transformed much during last couple of years. The whole pandemic and lockdown situation changed the form of studying in some formal ways, but even though schooling was online, we still had to attend all the classes and do the homework. In my opinion, the major difference was not within the schooling itself, but in the relationship with the classmates and teacher, because nothing can replace face to face contact.

Is there anything positive the forced lockdown and distance learning has brought to higher education?

I definitely saved some time during the lockdown, since i used to commute to school from place, that was located outside of the town, where was my school was located. Another positive aspect of the online learning could be the use of technology and all of its features. However, I don´t see any other positive aspect of the lockdown.

Do you do a significant amount of online learning?

I do a lot of individual online learning through youtube, spotify podcasts and other streaming platforms. Nowadays, you can find on the internet nearly anything you want and it just depends on us, if we use this power of the internet for the good. However, i prefer classical learning methods, which are face to face with the teacher.

What does online learning mean to you?

For me, online learning means especially freedom. I don´t need to stick to the one scheduled class and I can attend lot of the classes and do the homework whenever i want. 

V odpovědi na Samuel Kuba

Re: Online learning

autor Yui Iijima -
I also think that online learning is easy to learn, but courses that are face to face is more important and useful for students. in addition, It's also good to be face-to-face and have classes with your classmates :)