The Direct Method

Re: The Direct Method

autor Marie Nováková -
Počet odpovědí: 0

Kačí, thank you for your feedback! :-) To be honest, you wasn´t the only one who mentioned my handwriting and using colours.. :D 

Great questions which forced me to think about this method once again... 

1. In my opinion, using language without fear is connected with this method a lot. I´ll name some of the characteristics which cause it.

• Oral communication skills are focused carefully, the Ss should be speaking at least 80% of the time during the lesson... I think the more you speak the more you feel confident. (We can´t forget to mention that it always depends on the teacher, of course.) 
  • This method is also called "natural method" which evocates non-stress learning. It is connected to using no memory, the Ss don´t have to remember things which means that the Ss shouldn´t be in stress. 
  • The Ss are taught English as they learn their mother tongue - it also proves that there shouldn´t be fear.
  • The Ss should like it (everyday vocab through pantoming, real-life objects...)

2. Ok, I want to know what I ment by "dictation after work" too... :D I don´t think it is connected to "S should be speaking at least 80%..". In my opinion it is one of the principle of this method, almost every lesson there is dictation to practice listening and writing... 

M.