Nicole

Re: Nicole

autor Veronika Šeborová -
Počet odpovědí: 0

Hello Nicole,

I appreciate the arrangement of your observation sheet as it is clearly and easily understandable.

I completely agree with all the keywords you have mentioned, and I would also include self-commitment of the Ss (silent awareness, active trial), cooperation, structural approach to the language, and functional frequent vocabulary.

The advantages and disadvantages you have written down are great. I would just add some more from my point of view.

The advantages, in my opinion, could also be: quality over quantity (which you have mentioned in your observation sheet, just not as an advantage), learning from each other,  motivation and cooperation, using of repeating structures, linguistic choices for the Ss and improvisation that should come from the Ss.

The disadvantages may also include that it can be sometimes hard to understand the teachers’ instructions without speaking. That the Ss need to be involved all the time and always thinking, which can be tiring for younger (maybe even the older) learners in the long term. I would probably also add that the Ss doesn’t have many ways to determine/perceive if their pronunciation is correct.

I would also like to ask... When you mention production in your keywords, how is it meant? You mean that the Ss are encouraged to produce as much language as possible, don't you?

Thank you for this helpful observation sheet and have a great week! 😊