SUBMISSION of the Definitions of Tropes - for 3 Nov 2021
Opened: Tuesday, 26 October 2021, 12:00 AM
Due: Wednesday, 3 November 2021, 11:59 PM
- Consult three reputable sources and compose definitions of the terms METAPHOR, METONYMY, SYNECDOCHE and SIMILE, using footnotes to reference your sources.
- Your sources should preferably be print, NOT websites or standard (language) dictionaries (dictionaries of literary terms are fine).
- Are there any significant differences between the definitions of the individual terms you have found?
- Try to use your own words and paraphrases as much as you can. Remember that all quotations and paraphrases must be identified in the text and that the sources must be listed in the footnotes and bibliography sections.
- There is no word limit, but one short paragraph per term should suffice. Try to be concise and concentrate on the formal aspects of your writing as well as the contents.
- Consult the UALK Chicago Guidelines to properly format your footnotes and bibliography. Use the ‘References/Footnotes’ tab to insert your footnotes in your text.
- This is not an essay proper; no title page is needed but include your name at the head of the paper and your surname in the name of the file.
- Submit the assignment in Moodle (or contact me by email - prior to the deadline - in case you encounter difficulties).
- Please note that you will probably need to enrol yourself in the class on Moodle to be able to submit your work here.