Presentation 2 - Want to be happier? Stay in the moment

Presentation 2 - Want to be happier? Stay in the moment

autor Nikola Drozdová -
Počet odpovědí: 0

Specific phrases and words typical of academic style:

I think, according to, would have seemed, it seems, in fact, tend to be, the idea is, might relate, in other words, I would like to present, collect data, this graph shows, as it turns out, ..
moment-to-moment experience, mind-wandering

Speaker’s presentation skills:

I think that the speaker speaks very clearly and interestingly. His speech has an appropriate structure (first he tries to define what happiness is and then goes on to his research), he complements his speech with jokes, graphs, pictures, he speaks to the audience. I was definitely not bored while watching the video. The speaker still had my full attention. (Maybe also because his topic was very interesting.)

Summary:

In his presentation, the author focuses on the topic of happiness. He first try to define it, talks about its development over the years. Then he introduces his research in which he managed to collect a huge amount of data and surprises us with the result, claiming that many people were happier in reality than while ''mind-wandering'', because when people think, they often think mostly just about negative things - fears, anxieties.