Fatelessness_book

Re: Fatelessness_book

autor Hana Nichtburgerová -
Počet odpovědí: 0

Dear Hana Nichtburgerova,

So in Hungary now they totally change the school curriculum, but it is not true anymore, that Kertesz has been removed. They put him back.
Also, it is really sad that Nyirő and Wass and Herceg are in the curriculum. They were openly antisemitic.
Sorry, I only found Hungarian articles about it. This website is independent. https://24.hu/kultura/2020/02/21/nat-kertesz-imre-ottlik-geza-irodalom-magyartanitas-oktatas/ 

Horthy's tactic was about to save the jews and with them save himself. Because he was afraid that Germany loses the war. He wanted something to show the allies, like: look I'm not a bad guy, I didn't kill the jews. This is why only the jews from the countryside got deported during Horthy. 
After him, during Szalasi and the Crossbow, they worked with the Nazis and tried to kill Jews in Budapest.
The official numbers of the victims of the Holocaust in Hungary are about 600 000, 1 million is a way too much number.

The situation is really difficult in Hungary because the Fidesz is often antisemitic (see the propaganda against Soros), but they give a lot of money to some Jewish organizations, like the MAZSIHISZ ( Hungarian Jewish Synagogue's Organisation) so some rabbis support the Fidesz. It would be easier to discuss these topics in person.

Best regards,
Csaba Csortos