Confinement, assessment topics and methods

Confinement, assessment topics and methods

autor Kilian Bourgois -
Počet odpovědí: 1

Dear professor,

I had first intended to write you an email about this issue but it appears to me that be aware of this question's answer might prove useful to the collectivity.

Part of this course's evaluation  (20%) relies on group presentation // individual paper. Given the actual circumstances, I guess that the presentations are cancelled but individual papers are still due. Could you please precise some practical informations about what they should include in the content // deadlines? 

Also, in the process of leaving the country I forgot my notes of the first class and the topics for the final paper. Could you re-specify them here? 

Thanks a lot! 

V odpovědi na Kilian Bourgois

Re: Confinement, assessment topics and methods

autor Simon Smith -

Thanks for posting, Kilian. Glad to hear you got back to Belgium safely!

You're correct to assume that we will have to make the seminar presentations into written assignments now. I'll then provide some feedback through this forum.

In terms of the required format, both of the first two assignments have a similar style. There are at least three acceptable ways of approaching it.
1. You could copy the texts into Word and highlight the matters of concern and matters of authority (using different colours), and then use the comment facility to explain your reasoning.
2. You could present the results of your work in tables containing the phrases you think indicate matters of concern in one column and the phrases indicating matters of authority in a second column.
3. You could give a summary in a few paragraphs.
If you've chosen assignment 1, you should also explain briefly how you found and why you chose the reaction(s) to Macron's text.

The deadlines still apply - they are the dates when we would have had the next two classes, 30 March for assignment 1 and 1 April for assignment 2. If anyone wants to do one of these and needs more time in the circumstances, let me know. I'm sure we can be flexible, but once I've posted feedback in the forum it would be unfair to allow more submissions.

I'll be announcing the topics for seminars 3 and 4 later on in the course, as they will be connected to the later topics.

The titles for the final paper are in this Moodle module - see the Final exam section.