1. Gellnerian Anthropology and Europe
- Gellner, Ernest 1992: Anthropology and Europe. Social Anthropology 1, 1: 1-7.
2. Inner colonization in Europe. High and low culture, the problem of European urbanization and urban culture in the preindustrial era, religion in Europe
- Goody Jack 2000: The European Family: An Historical-Anthropological Essay. Oxford: Blackwell.
- Michael Mitterauer The Conjugal Family and Bilateral Kinship. In: Mitterauer, M. Why Europe? The Medieval Origins of Its Spatial Path. London, Chicago: University of Chicago Press: 58-99.
3. European Family
Record of the Lecture
- Heady, Patrick 2005: Nuclear Families and Cognatic Descent: Reflections on Two Characterisations of European Kinship. In: Skalník, Petr (ed)Anthropology of Europe: Teaching and Research. Prague: Set Out: 67-76.
4. European Unification at the beginning of 1950s: Economic unification and social imaginations
Beginnings of the EU in 1950s. Frankfurt school.
- Areilza, José M. The History and Foundations of European Integration: A contriburion to the debate on the future of the Union. In: C. Arvanitopoulos (ed.), Reforming Europe: The Role of the Centre-Right. The Constantinos Karamanlis Institute for Democracy Series on European and International Affairs.
- Chamberlain, Lesley 2017. Adorno, the Frankfurt School and the Soul of Europe.
5. The collapse of the Soviet empire, the European Union as a pan-European phenomenon, and attempts in the social sciences to grasp new anthropological research in Europe
An analysis of the thesis that Western Europe experienced the most intense sense of unification at the breakup of the Eastern Block
Record of the lecture
- Katherine Verdery 1996: What Was Socialism and What Comes Next? Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Wilson, Thomas M. 1998: An Anthropology of the European Union, from above and Below. In: Parman, Susan (ed) Europe in the Anthropological Imagination. Prentice Hall: California State University: 148 - 156.
- Shore, Chris 1999: Fictions of Fieldwork: Depicting the 'Self' in Ethnographic Writing (Italy). In: C. W. Watson, Being There: Fieldwork in Anthropology. Chicago: Pluto Press.
6. Eastern and Central European Developments: issues of material life and emotions
- Maruska Svasek 2012: Emotions, Emotions and Political Negotiations: Transforming Relationships in the Bohemian-Bavarian Border Zone. In: Svasek M. (ed.) Emotions and Human Mobility: Ethnographies of Movement. London: Routledge: 145-162.
Chris Hann, 2019, Resilience and Transformation in Provincial Political Economy: From Market Socialism to Market Populism in Hungary, 1970s–2010s. Cargo 2019, 1 - 23.
Isolation, borders, and minorities in the European Union. Compatriots.
- Jana Ševčíková: Piemule
Theme 7. Research by European Institutions and Organizations. Attempts to study the institutions of the European Union and other instruments of power. Development of anthropology of institutions.
- Shore, Chris 2000: Building Europe: The Cultural Policy of European Integration. New York: Routledge.
- -Shore, Chris 1999: Fictions of Fieldwork: Depicting the 'Self' in Ethnographic Writing (Italy). In: C. W. Watson, Being There: Fieldwork in Anthropology. Chicago: Pluto Press.
Attempts to study the institutions of the European Union and other instruments of power. Development of anthropology of institutions. -
Shore, Chris 2000: Building Europe: The Cultural Policy
The lecture record: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kNn-blG6DaAdDuInFeoxwofp29wvtnqV/view
-Giordano, Christian: Political Regionalism in Globalized Word System: Local Identity Constructions in Europe.
East European cities in search of the new identity.
Karolina Koziura 2017: Colonial factor hidden in the transformation of the post-socialist city. Chernivtsi and its complicated cosmopolitan story. In: Krase, Jerome, Uherek, Zdenek: Diversity and Local Contexts: Urban Space, Borders and Migration.
11. Language and group identity in European states
Jana Ševčíková: Jakub - movie shot.